Posted: 15th September 2021
Organisation: Royal Mail
Place of work: Ipswich
Salary details: Up To £ 11.40 p/h (days) to £13.70 p/h (nights)
Job term: Part Time / Full Time
Put your stamp on Christmas – become a Seasonal Mail Sorter at Royal Mail
Unsurprisingly, Christmas is the busiest time of year at Royal Mail. And with so many parcels and letters flowing through our warehouse, we always need a few thousand extra hands! Every year over the holiday season, temporary flexible workers from all walks of life help us to get everything where it needs to go.
Unwrap a new role
Just like Mr & Mrs Claus, you’ll play a key role in bringing Christmas to people across the UK! As a Mail Sorter, you’ll be unloading mail and parcels from our vans, moving them through our warehouses and ensuring that they arrive at their destination safely. During a single shift, you could sort over a million items with your team! It’s a very important role so flexibility, commitment and enthusiasm are key.
Our Christmas wish list for Mail Sorters
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- You’re proactive and detail-focused
- You’re flexible and happy to switch between various tasks during a shift
- You’re able to push trolleys (up to 250kgs) and lift and move mail bags (up to 11kg)
- You can comfortably stand for long periods
- You don’t need to have worked for us before (we love new people!), but experience in warehouse or sorting work is a plus. If you’ve worked for Amazon or another distribution company (such as DPD, DHL or XPO), then you’re definitely on our wish list too!
To apply head over to the company site or alternatively head over to indeed where you will also find more information about this role.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.
Enquire About This Vacancy