Posted: 14th October 2021
Organisation: Topps Tiles
Place of work: Lowestoft
Salary details: Up To £8.91
Job term: Part Time
What we’re looking for
You don’t need to have worked in retail sales before. And you certainly don’t need to know all about tiles or DIY. If you’re the sort of person who’ll go above and beyond to deliver outstanding customer service, you’re a quick learner (we have the training you need to soon become a product specialist).and are a team player, we’d love to hear from you. Just so you know, internally at Topps Tiles, our Sales Assistants are known as Service Specialists.
Part of a small store team, and by using leading edge technology in store, we enable you to help our customers visualise their projects and really bring them to life. You’ll inspire customers and help them to find just what they’re looking for and do everything you can to make their tiling project happen. You’ll be quick to get to the heart of every customer’s needs – whether it’s flooring for a first home or a trade tile purchase – and find solutions that fit their requirements brilliantly.
No two days are the same, one minute you could be getting creative, the next helping with our traders. Lifting tiles is part of the job as is putting away deliveries!
Who you are
Great team player? Real people person? Someone who loves helping others? Check, check and check. As well as being passionate about customer service, you’ll need:
- The ability to communicate well with colleagues and customers
- A confident and professional manner in dealing with a variety of different customer situations
- Ability to work co-operatively with others
- Enthusiasm and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to engage and inspire customers through questioning and listening skills
- Previous experience as a Sales Assistant or working in retail sales would be a bonus but isn’t essential
- A creative flair or interest in the latest trends is perfect as you will get to influence customers in their style choices
- Flexibility to cover store opening hours including weekends, and work in alternative locations if required. We only expect you to work daytime hours – no evenings and no Christmas Eve or Boxing Day either.
To apply head over to the company site or alternatively head over to indeed where you will also find more information about this role.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.
Enquire About This Vacancy