Posted: 31st January 2024
Organisation: Alderley PLC
Place of work: Great Yarmouth
Salary details: £12,480.00 Annual Wage
The Apprentice Product Support Engineer will be playing a crucial role in supporting our customers with product related issues and generating software licences. This apprenticeship is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to Product Support. This is a great opportunity for someone motivated by customer interaction and technology.
What you will do in your working day
- Assist customers with technical issues by providing timely support via the relevant communication channels.
- Provide remote support via industry standard tools where applicable.
- Ensure support tickets are recorded appropriately and logged within the helpdesk system.
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and resolve product-related problems.
- Assist customers with software installation and licence creation.
- Contribute to the development of support resources, such as our internal and external knowledgebases.
- Testing installation and operation of applications (including documentation) and ad hoc testing to support the development team.
- Assist customers with change notifications, proof of concepts, and product updates
- Evolve with our products, as we move towards real-time operational data, our support and SLAs are also evolving.
The training you will be getting
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Written communication skills, Customer focussed mindset, Flexible approach, Basic understanding of IT, Eagerness to gain knowledge, Adapt to change
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
To apply head over to the company site or alternatively head over to indeed where you will also find more information about this role.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.