Posted: 19th December 2023
Place of work: Sizewell
Salary details: £19,775.00 Annual Wage
Do you want to build YOUR career in a growing industry with hundreds of opportunities in the UK and across the world? Do you want to work for a company who will support, challenge and give you the experience you need to gain recognised qualifications? Do you want to help to ensure the UK’s nuclear legacy is dealt with in a safe and sustainable way?
What you will do in your working day
An Electrical Engineer specifies and oversees the maintenance on systems and equipment located on the site. The Electrical maintenance engineers play a key role in ensuring that all electrical equipment on the site functions safely, efficiently & remains complainant with all statutory legislation.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the team to ensure that site plant is maintained and is suitably safe, efficient, and reliable
- Provide technical support for maintenance activities where required
- Investigation of emergent plant or equipment deficiencies to allow prompt & efficient rectification
- Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation
- Provide technical input to ensure that plant performance and details of component defects are considered as part of the overall system or asset management and future investment
- Ensure that appropriate Quality Assurance measures are applied to all work
- Ensure that work is completed to the requirements of the specifications, including safety and quality aspects
The training you will be getting
- Level 6 Nuclear scientist and nuclear engineer (integrated degree)
- Exact training details and locations will be confirmed at interview
- On completion of the apprenticeship, the nuclear scientist and nuclear engineer will hold a Bachelors (Honours) degree qualification (at level 6), accredited by the constituent bodies of the Engineering or Science Council. The degree will have a minimum of 60 relevant nuclear based credits (1/6 of total credits)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Future Career Path:
- Assistant Engineer
- System/Project Engineer
- Operations Engineer
- Site Engineer
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
A Level or equivalent 102 UCAS points including Maths and Science (Grade A* to C) Essential
To apply head over to the company site or alternatively head over to indeed where you will also find more information about this role.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.