Posted: 14th October 2020
Programme Two – LEISTON – Thursday 5th November, Friday 6th November, (Does not include weekend dates) then Monday 9th November – 13th November
Programme Three – HALESWORTH – Thursday 19th November, Friday 20th November (Does not include weekend dates), then Monday 23rd November – Friday 27th November
Potential of additional programme being delivered in December and all programmes operate daytime only from approx. 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Please state your availability when submitting your CV (noting the dates you are available for and what location the programme is in).
If you are willing to travel outside of where you live to work on a programme, we will support with mileage claims (proving you have the correct level of car insurance) or public transport costs. Please state if you can drive and have access to a car. This will not affect your application but will enable us to allocate you to a suitable role. In order to claim mileage, you will need to have business insurance on your insurance policy.
Wage: £9 per hour
AIM OF THE ROLE: To support your NCS Team Leader to support young people to create a meaningful social action project by the end of the 7 day experience.
·Supporting the NCS Team Leader during all programme activities with health, safety, wellbeing and engagement of the young people within your team.
· To follow the NCS procedures in the event of all accidents and incidents
· Provide regular support to all young people within the team and report any concerns to your NCS Team Leader.
· To ensure all personal information regarding young people is kept confidentially in accordance with data protection requirements.
· To administer basic First Aid, if required, in line with NCS Training.
· To ensure inappropriate behaviour by young people is dealt with immediately.
· To ensure that you adhere to all Risk Assessments and all Health and Safety requirements.
· To ensure all young people reach the required hours of Social Action (30 hours).
· To uphold and positively contribute to the credible reputation of Inspire Suffolk and the ethos of NCS, over the course of all activities associated with the NCS programme.
· Any other duties, consistent with the main purpose of the job, as may be specified.
·A genuine interest in the welfare of young people and commitment to supporting them through NCS.
· Ability to work on your own initiative to support the Team Leader when dealing with an potential incident.
· Enthusiasm and drive to ensure successful delivery of NCS.
· Empathic, sensitive and approachable nature, tolerance and patience.
· Ability to remain calm and composed in difficult situations.
· Sound judgement and responsible nature.
· Good written and verbal communication skills. Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working with young people is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working with teenagers with Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD and other special educational needs is desirable.
- Experience of dealing with complex, stressful and upsetting safeguarding situations is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Knowledge of the NCS Programme is essential.
- A full UK Driving License with access to a vehicle for the entire programme is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively and respectfully resolve potential or existing conflicts showing creativity and resourcefulness.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills and have the ability to motivate, inspire and use own initiative.
You will be required to attend two days training.
All job offers are conditional to successful completion of this training and an Enhanced DBS Check.
To apply for this position please complete an application form and covering letter clearly stating how you meet the requirements of the role. Please also include the dates you are available, your willingness to travel and that you have access to transport.
Get in touch below for a quick start; we’re looking to interview ASAP.
Enquire About This Vacancy