Posted: 10th June 2021
Organisation: Sentinel Leisure Trust / Everyone Active
Place of work: Bungay
Salary details: £ 172.00 Weekly Wage
Job term: Full Time
Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Team Member L2 apprenticeship. There are 5 key areas of work all leisure team members will cover: leisure & fitness operations, lifeguard duties, swimming teaching, gym instruction & leading group activities.
At Everyone Active you will be working towards a Leisure Team Member level 2 standard over the course of 15 months.
You will achieve your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing, Level 1&2 Swim Teaching & NPLQ Lifeguarding Qualifications.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Covering Lifeguard positions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed approach to your responsibilities
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Understanding Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Support and motivate clients who take part in physical activity
- Safe and effective pool supervision
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Effective communication with other team members
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer. If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process. In order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
- Be confident to talk to the general public
- A team player
No previous qualifications required.
On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Things to consider
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
To apply head over to the company site or alternatively head over to indeed where you will also find more information about this role.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.
Enquire About This Vacancy