Posted: 29th October 2020
Organisation: MAN Truck and Bus – Felixstowe
Place of work: Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 3HZ
Salary details: ££229.76 Per Week
Remit are recruiting on behalf of MAN Truck & Bus to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join their skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
No previous automotive qualifications are required, but you must have GCSE 9-3 (A* – D) in English and Maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
• Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
A certain amount of administration is also required to maintain the vehicles repair and service records as well as MAN Truck & Bus’ records.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
To apply head over to the company site or alternatively head over to indeed where you will also find more information about this role.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.
Enquire About This Vacancy