Posted: 28th January 2021
Organisation: Busy Bees Childcare
Place of work: Great Yarmouth
Salary details: £166.00 Per week
This could be the start to the progression of a childcare career at Busy Bees, hopefully going on to fulfil senior positions within our nurseries and includes an intermediate apprenticeship in the Early Years Practitioner level 2 standard.
Apprentices form a valid role within our nurseries as employed members of the staff team. It will be expected that apprentices progress from intermediate level 2. This starts your progression of career at Busy Bees, hopefully going on to fulfil senior positions within our nurseries.
Please find below some of your duties and expectations as an apprentice:
- Involvement in planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child’s individual needs are met
- Contributing to the safeguarding of all children
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship frameworks provided by BB Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing your own skills within the workplace
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development
- Communicate with their line manager regarding the activities and progress within the room
As an apprentice, you will be working alongside qualified staff who will show you the ropes. You will be assigned a mentor to provide you with support within your nursery, helping you to complete the tasks you need so you can progress in your qualification. You will attend learning & development courses at our training centres, where you will be provided with the knowledge to develop your personal skills and practice.
Your Development Coach will visit you regularly in your nursery, assessing the work you are doing, providing recognition for your progress and vital guidance on how you can improve.
Monday to Friday on a rota basis. Potential start is 7:30am and latest finish time 6:00pm. Shifts TBC.
This level 2 course is for anyone interested in building a career in the children and young people’s workforce. Alternatively, this can also be used for staff who already work in the sector who are looking to develop their skills and gain a recognised qualification.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.
To apply head over to the Gov.UK website where you will also find more information about this role.
Enquire About This Vacancy