Posted: 6th April 2021
Shifts TBC, term time only.
Total hours per week: 27.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2021
A fantastic opportunity with Oulton Broad Primary School. To work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures.
- Establish positive relationships with pupils supported
- Support pupils with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with School policies and help keep pupils on task
- Interact with, and support pupils, according to individual needs and skills
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Monitor and record pupil activities as appropriate writing records and reports as required
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- To support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
- To attend to pupils’ personal needs including help with social, welfare and health matters, including minor first aid
- To assist with the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources
- To understand and apply School policies in relation to health, safety and welfare
- Attend relevant training and take responsibility for own development
- Attend relevant School meetings as required
- To respect confidentiality at all times
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager
- To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety and Safeguarding in the workplace
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
You will work towards the Teaching Assistant level 3 apprenticeship by work-based learning. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be responsible for completing modules and units in line with the qualification.
Let Me Play Ltd will provide you an online portfolio and Tutors that will support you with one to ones, webinars, teaching and learning along with observations.
Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
To apply head over to the Gov.UK website where you will also find more information about this role.
Don’t forget if you would like support with making your application to this, or any other role, one of our career coaches is on hand to give you the help you need.
Enquire About This Vacancy